Optimizing Bandwidth for Video Conferencing White Paper Released by BrightCom
BrightCom produces white paper analysis of bandwidth usage in its video conferencing and telepresence solutions
Huntington Beach, Ca – January 19, 2009 – BrightCom™, the performance leader in integrated conferencing solutions, announced today its release of their study titled “Network Bandwidth Utilization in BrightCom Video Conferencing and Telepresence Solutions”. The analysis addresses two of the main network challenges that BrightCom has found to prevent the wide-scale adoption of video conferencing by corporations: insufficient bandwidth and high network latency. These issues, causing delay and disruption in video, audio and data broadcasts, are proposed to be resolved by BrightCom’s unique bandwidth management strategies developed in BrightCom’s Visual Collaboration System (VCS) 2.0 and ClearView Conferencing and Telepresence Solutions.
Topics covered in the white paper include:
- BrightCom’s methodology of media bandwidth analysis including video, audio and data broadcasting
- Quantification and study of video, audio and data bandwidth footprints in video conferencing and telepresence technology
- BrightCom’s use of standardized video and audio compression algorithms
- A comparison between applying single video compression algorithms regardless of media types and applying unique codecs and algorithms to each media type as needed for native data sharing
- Explanation of BrightCom’s real time dynamic bandwidth adjustment for network performance optimization
- Analysis of the outgoing and incoming bandwidth requirements for each type of meeting participant including laptop user, desktop user, small conference room, large conference room and telepresence suite and how BrightCom’s adjustable bandwidth approach addresses each situation
If you would like to download a copy of this white paper, please visit: http://www.brightcom.com/wp_main.html.
For more information about this white paper, BrightCom’s VCS 2.0, ClearView Conferencing, or other products and services provided by BrightCom, please call 877-483-9737, or visit www.BrightCom.com.
About BrightCom – BrightCom, Inc. specializes in creating flexible and affordable video and telepresence conferencing solutions. With unique integrated data and video conferencing solutions, BrightCom offers a wide range of options to connect people and content from home offices, mobile devices, desktops or conference rooms. BrightCom is a wise investment for people or organizations seeking to build new conference solutions or expand existing deployments. To learn more about our quality video conferencing with in-depth collaboration features without a costly investment on bandwidth upgrades, call 877-483-9737 or visit www.BrightCom.com.